Thursday, September 20, 2007

Why Crescent Beach?

According to Wikipedia, Crescent Beach is an unincorporated, census designated place in St. John’s County, Florida. There is some demographic data on that page, if that’s what you’re looking for. I may write about the demographics at a later point, but for now, reference Wikipedia or City-Data.com if you need that information. I’m ready to dive right into something much more selfish: Why I love Crescent Beach (to be read in booming, announcer-type voice).

This will probably have a whiff of how-I-spent-my-summer-vacation middle school report to it, and for that I apologize. I haven’t written in a very long time, so if that bothers you, turn back now. I’ll try to keep the spelling at least up to a high school level, but that’s about all I can promise.

Ok, back to: Why I love Crescent Beach I’m going to beak this up into a series, because, frankly I’m too long winded for it to be just one post.

  1. Crescent Beach is close by…but far enough away.

We live in North Central Florida, in the Ocala area. It only takes us about an hour and 45 minutes to drive to crescent beach. That’s including two pit stops, which is normal in my family. I believe my parents can get there even a bit faster.

Once there, I feel like I’m thousands of miles away from home. Nothing will drag me back except a true emergency (or the end of my vacation). Crescent Beach is just minutes South of St. Augustine (15 miles or so), and just minutes North of Marineland. There are shops and restaurants in every direction, so you have access to anything you might forget to pack (sandals, last time) or didn’t realize you’d need (aloe for sunburn!).

To Be Continued....

No comments: